Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of warranty do I get with my axle?
My axle broke, and I never filled out the warranty card. Can I still get my axle replaced under your lifetime warranty?
- Our axle warranty card is a contract between the original purchaser and RPM. If the buyer follows the warranty cards instructions completely in the time frame stated then RPM is bound by the promises. They are very easy to follow and understand. If the buyer chooses not to follow the instructions to register their axle, then RPM is not bound to the offered warranty. Therefor the axle replacement will be declined.
I broke or bent my axle under warranty, what is the process for sending it in for replacement or repair?
- Write your name and phone number in the center of the axle near the etched serial number in permanent marker. Include a copy of your warranty card if available. Include current contact information. Send it to: RPM, 2600 Melville Road, Prescott, AZ 86301. You will be responsible for all shipping charges to and from RPM.
I bent my axle. If I have you straighten it, is my axle going to be any weaker?
- No, if we straighten your axle, it will not be weakened any further. However, there are rare cases where an axle will break if we try and straigthen it. If this happens, you will receive a new axle as long as it was registered and fulfills all the warranty guidelines. If not, the axle was not salvageable and will not be replaced.
I don't have a warranty, can I still send my axle in for repair?
- Yes, it is $35 to straighten one end or $50 for both. All shipping charges to and from RPM are your responsibility.
When I send my axle in for repair, how long will it take?
- It takes 2-3 days to process and repair your bent axle. In situations where time is an issue please let us know and we will do what we can to rush your order.
I am trying to register my axle online but there's not enough numbers/letters in my serial number!?!
- On your Warranty Registration card there is one half intended to be sent in and one half for your records. The half intended to be sent in to RPM for registration contains a fourth set of numbers/letters. Example: XXX-XXXX-XXX-XXXX
How do I install my carrier and maintain it?
Click on the following links to view our installation instructions.
What is the difference between a Race Hub and a Standard Hub?
- RPM offers an upgrade to the Standard Sprocket Hub, we call it our race hub. The Race Hub is made out 7075 Aluminum and is slightly thicker plus has shoulder to mount a sprocket guard. It is intended for high performance engines to endure race conditions and will typically last several seasons.
- The RPM Standard Sprocket Hub is CNC machined from aircraft quality billet 6061 T-6 aluminum.
- Both Sprocket Hubs have a Seal Surface that's made of Steel which is heat treated and nickle plated.
Can you ship my order outside the USA?
- Yes we can ship your order internationally. International orders cannot be placed on our website but you can contact RPM via phone or email to place your order.